Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Half Life by Farooki

   I just finished a book called Half Life by Roopa Farooki.  The first chapter kind of got to me because of the way the woman described herself, bits of it resonated with me and when I see the negative parts of myself through this kind of resonance it's good for me but it kind of shakes me up as well.  I'm not sure if that makes sense...  By the end of the book the themes are forgiveness and letting go, kind of a "truth will set you free" message.  Basically the woman leaves her husband suddenly one morning because she is desperate to find some peace and a resolution to a tragic part of her past.  She travels half way around the world and in trying to make peace with her past she sets life straight for another person also involved in the tragedy.  (Spoiler follows!) Then, at the end she goes back to her husband with so many things resolved that she can finally admit to him things that she has been keeping back for their whole marriage.  It's a sad book but it's got good insight and I couldn't put it down.  It does have a few swear words and some adult content; for those who are sensitive to them probably not one for your reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment