Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - The Fruit Man

The fruit man came today!
We get the occasional door-to-door salesman in my neighborhood.  One of the ones I have actually purchased a product from is the fruit man.  He rings the doorbell and as soon as you answer he is handing you a piece of fruit he has sliced super fast with a little paring knife he carries.  If all the kids come running to see who is at the door he slices and dices so each of them get a bit of apple or orange or whatever he's selling.  Today he had the most amazing oranges, so sweet and juicy and surprising in the middle of January in Utah.  I think my kids ate two oranges apiece this afternoon, good thing I bought half a box.  No clue where he comes from or where he goes afterwards but I love when he waves his magic paring knife and provides fresh fruit that tastes of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment