Monday, January 31, 2011

Mommy Monday - Colds

Three of my kids have colds.  The older two are not sick but I'm pretty sure they brought the germs home to the younger three and then washed their hands of it (literally) so they did not end up suffering with the little ones.  April is very croupy and keeps me up at night.  Andrew has a runny nose and looks like a "snot nosed little two year-old", Jessica has a cough and just enough of a stuffy nose to make her cranky.  My humidifier will only work in one room at a time and it seems to aggravate April's asthma more than it helps her stuffy nose.  I bought the non-Vicks brand of Vicks Vapor Rub and frankly it's just not as effective.  If I put Vicks on the bottom of a coughing child's feet and pull socks on over it at night it helps them sleep (no clue why it works, but I've tried it a few times and it helps) and if they can sleep, I can sleep.  They aren't sleeping, I'm not sleeping.  I'm going to have to get more real Vicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment