Monday, January 10, 2011

Mommy Monday - Mom vs. Librarian

   A few weeks ago my mother said something that really made me think.  She said my sister and I seem to have reversed our paths in life; I was the bookworm and my sister was good with children, but now I have the five kids and my sister has a masters degree and is supporting her husband while he works towards a PhD.  I didn't picture myself with kids when I was young.  I was the oldest of six and had a lot of child care responsibilities.  I wanted to be a librarian; so many books, so little time.
   My husband wanted to have a big family and I wasn't against it although he's always said twelve and I'm thinking five is good.  Motherhood makes me feel as accomplished as any job ever has.  I loved the way the guy at the park in the movie The Backup Plan explains being a parent as wonderful, then horrible, horrible, horrible, then wonderful then horrible, horrible, horrible, etc.  It really is.  Kids change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment