Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Family

A second cousin of my husband found me on the internet and we have been exchanging family history and family currently information.  I had to try to explain some of the issues with my husband's family deciding not to speak to each other for a couple of decades and then carrying out that plan.  I recently met one of Jared's brothers on facebook (first time I had ever made contact of any kind with him and I've been married to Jared for more than a decade).  Jared has one sister I still have yet to meet or talk to as she has nothing to do with the family.  So anyway, this cousin asked if I knew the names of Jared's first cousins (his father's only brother's children).  Nope, no clue.  Jared doesn't know either.  This is NUTS!  I can name like a hundred of my cousins (yes, I actually have that many, it's a big family) and even the ones I have never really gotten to know I still have names and addresses for.  Jared has ONE uncle and spoke to him the first time a few years ago when I found the uncle on the internet.  At least the internet cousin was understanding, he said his father was the same way with his uncle so maybe it's an inherited trait in their family.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment