Monday, February 28, 2011

Mommy Monday - Da-Da

I'm going to have to file a formal complaint on this one.
They always say da-da first.  It has something to do with language development but every time I take it a bit personally.
I put a lot more work into them than da-da has at this stage and I would really like some credit.  It's just not fair.  Of course it is good practice for me to start accepting the fact that they will rarely acknowledge all I do for them and it eases me into the next stage where they make one word demands and then scream if you don't immediately comply.
The first ma-ma is only cute for a short period anyway, it turns into "Mo-om, [insert complaint here]", way too fast.  And then there's the ever popular "Mom, mom, mom, mom,mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom,mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy!"  Yeah, one of my kids is actually doing this as I type.  Sigh.
That first ma-ma and all the "Mom, I love you" s make up for an amazing amount of the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment