Monday, February 21, 2011

Mommy Monday - Big Boy Bed

Andrew got a big boy bed on Saturday.  We've been talking about it for a few weeks and he has been insistent that he wanted to keep his crib.  I didn't want to keep lifting him in and out, he is almost two and a half and he's sleeping part of the night really well in my bed most nights anyway.  So it cuts down on the frustration and I don't have to worry that he's going to jump/climb out of the crib and suprise my by breaking an arm.  There is also the fact that we borrowed the crib from a neighbor because we had to put the baby in a crib but Andrew wasn't ready for a bed yet.  So anyway, I asked Jared to take apart the crib and return it and set up the twin bed while I kept Andrew busy with some books.  Jared came in and told me it was done and I sent Andrew to go have a look.  He ran into his room, jumped onto his new bed and yelled "My bed broke!" then jumped up and down on his new bed a while.  He's still convinced it's his crib but that the sides fell off.  I'm not going to argue it with him.  He only fell out of bed once that night (it's on the floor, we'll add the frame in a couple of years so short fall) and didn't have a problem with sleeping in his broken bed.  The one problem I found was that we have LOTS of girl bedding but only one flat sheet with a boy theme (Superman) so I feel a bit guilty that his fitted sheet has blue flowers on it right now.  I'll see what I can do about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment