Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring in my yard

The daffodil that's the new corner picture is one of the few that came up this year. I used to have a lot more of them but I think maybe the bulbs have given out. I don't know how long they are supposed to last or if they reproduce somehow and these are actually new ones.


Even though I'm going to have to pull these before they start spreading seeds, the dandelions are kind of a favorite of mine because they're the ones the kids bring to me. They're so very cheerful even if they do sort of make a nuisance of themselves.


I get just a couple of hyacinths among the tullips. April is particularly excited about the "blue flowers" and wanted to make sure we got a picture of one of them posted here. Now she's wandered off to watch Clifford.


These are blossoms on my pear tree. The tree produces amazing tasty pears and I bottle some every other year or so because one tree makes so much fruit we don't eat it fast enough to put up that many jars every year. We end up giving away fruit to friends and neighbors. Good stuff.


Here are some of the tulips. We've got quite a few, all of them are red. They are just getting ready to open. The brown stick things around them are the ornamental grape vine that we have been trying to kill for a couple of years now. No matter how much we chop off, cover up, dig out, or just think really mean thoughts at, it comes back huge every year. It's got roots that go under the fence and into the neighbors yard (they don't think much of the vines either) and so taking out the fence is the only way to get to them. Cost prohibitive, sigh.



We also found a hollow egg. I don't know what kind. Small and rather oblong. My camera needs to charge before I get a shot of the egg so I'll just leave it at this for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment