Sunday, April 25, 2010

More spring in my yard


The lilac bush is blooming!
It may seem like a small thing but it makes me happy even if I am allergic to the bush. I like the way it looks but between the kids and the dogs next door this bush tends to struggle. It rarely blooms like this and I'm not sure what the magic combination of sunlight, water, and attention/leaving it along really should be. I was just thrilled it bloomed like this so Kylie and I took pictures while we worked on the yard yesterday. The other kids took a load of stuff to the green waste dump with Jared.
The tulips look pretty good again this year. Here's an open one to update the pictures from a few days ago of the ones that hadn't opened yet. We just have red ones. I would kind of like to have a few other colors eventually. I like the pale purple ones but they would clash a bit with the red maybe? So yellow and white or whatever I can find in the next few years.
Kylie helping me weed the tulip beds. She found a few bugs and that made her nervous and then Jared came out with the weed whacker and between the creepy crawlies and the noise she fled the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment