Monday, April 26, 2010

Andrew's summer haircut

I helped Jared give Andrew a haircut just before we put him to bed this evening. So far we have just been trimming his hair here and there. My sister Lois has done the most trimming for us because she has a steady hand an a pretty good eye. This time Jared and I decided we would go for the full buzz all over type cut and try to shorten and even the whole mess up. Andrew has sort of wispy hair still but it's filling in enough that it looks shaggy if it gets too long.

We got out the clippers, trapped Andrew on the counter, and went to work. Poor Andrew did not enjoy the experience at all. Jared did a pretty good job under the circumstances and I held Andrew's hands so he couldn't slap at the clippers and hurt himself. We used the 1 inch attachment to stay way on the safe side and the clippers don't make too much noise, just a kind of soft buzz, but something about the thing being run over his head set Andrew off big time. He was so mad and upset by the time we were done. I intended to take pictures but I had my hands too full of angry, crying, squirming toddler.

He looks pretty good, a lot different, but good. With practice I'm sure Jared and I will do okay with the occasional cut and we'll send him to the barber with dad when he's a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment