Thursday, April 15, 2010

El Azteca make me feel better.

When Krista was little she had this funny thing she would say when she had hurt herself or was sad about something, "treat make me feel better", she would say it in this plaintive kind of voice and it was so cute and pathetic that it won me over most of the time.
So this afternoon, when I was feeling a bit discouraged about a number of things, including the weight gain measured at the doctor appointment today, I had a "El Azteca make me feel better" moment and went and bought myself lunch.
Yeah, I know, making myself feel better with food is not so much a good idea when I'm gaining weight this fast with this pregnancy but I've got to be realistic about it, the only way to control the nausea is by constant small snacks and there is just nothing I can do to "diet" until some time in October after my 6 week post-baby appointment. Besides, with this kid I crave protein. I'm not a big red meat eater and I don't like fish usually but right now I'm all about a nicely cooked steak or some hamburger or a shredded beef taco... whatever I can get my hands on. So a chicken enchilada, a beef taco, and the combination of beans and rice that form a perfect protein did indeed make me feel better. They also seem to have pleased the "tummy baby" who is doing happy little wriggles now. I resisted the impulse to buy a churro to go with lunch.
I've added El Azteca to the pages I am a fan of on my facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment