Friday, February 3, 2012

BYU vs Stanford

     Jorge and Lulu Encinas, some long-time friends, got us all tickets to the game.
     Back when my sister, Lois, was an assistant for the mens volleyball team we went pretty often.  They did really well that year and Lois was able to see them all the way to a National Championship in 1999 and again in 2001.
     The team is doing well this year but not so well this game.  Some injuries are slowing them down.
     We did win a game so I was able to sing the fight song with the crowd and relive some memories.  We lost the match but they play again so here's hoping they do better Saturday night.
     I grew up near Stanford so it was great to get to see this particular game.
     At one point during the game I glanced over at my husband and he was playing games on his phone.  Story of my life.  Anyway, I took his phone away to snap this picture and then gave the phone back to him. He wasn't the only person on their phone for large chunks of the event, just the only one there with me.  At least the noise level made it so he wasn't talking on his phone the whole time.  Mental note to self - next time go with one of my sisters or one of my kids; my husband already has a date.
     After the game we all went to Applebees because it's one of the few places open that late.  I haven't eaten there for years.  I had the lime chicken, it was good.  Just sitting and talking with Jorge and Lulu was a lot of fun.  We try to get together with them once a year or so and catch up on life.  I'm glad they invited us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment