Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Diet Really Works!

I find it amusing that when I have a baby I can laugh at those ads that say you will lose 2o lbs in a month or whatever because I lose about 20 lbs in a week. The problem being that I gain about 4o with each pregnancy and the other 20 lbs is much harder to get rid of.

I am very pleased to say that since having my fourth baby I have lost more than 60 lbs and am now able to get into jeans I wore back in the high school/college days. *Doing little happy dance*

So it's a very noticeable weight loss and people have been asking me how I have done it. Here you go, the blog entry on how I have done it.

Ummmm.... I'm not completely sure.

Huge credit has to be given to nursing my baby for almost a year now. Burns calories like no nothing. Then there's the 'no time to eat' factor that comes in when you have four children. I also love the contribution of the part when I fix myself something to eat, a small person with large puppy dog eyes will show up and circle like a vulture asking in a small sad voice if they can please "have just a little" of whatever I made. During meals I make the food, feed small people the food, and then clean up the food. Notice, I don't so much get to eat the food. I do end up scraping whatever was left on my kids plates into my mouth instead of the garbage can or the disposal because I wouldn't want to 'waste the food' and besides that, I'm hungry enough to eat whatever they left half chewed, due to the reasons listed above.

The only real changes to my diet that have occurred are not being able to eat chocolate (it makes the baby terribly gassy and fussy) and drinking A LOT more water. The baby takes it out on me during what little time I have for sleep (that's a whole nother posting right there) if I am so cruel as to serve him "chocolate milk" so I've given it up. Great personal sacrifice that I'll be sure and remind him of frequently as he gets older. The water thing I've been consciously trying to do, but I can't attribute the loss of more than 60 lbs to just drinking more water even though it's the only thing I'm really working at in the weight loss effort.

I walk and ride my exercise bicycle but I've done those things in years past with nowhere near the kind of results I'm having this time. So there you have it. I've lost a lot of weight and I'm happy about that, but I'm really not sure if I get to be proud of myself for having done it because I'm not really sure what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment