Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No. Ummm... DOUGHNUTS!

I was getting ready to make dinner for my family so I asked them, "Would you rather have baked potatoes or spaghetti?" Both options being quick and cheap, I figured I couldn't lose. We had complete agreement on spaghetti (miracle in itself) when we got to the last voter, my two year-old. So I asked her, "Do you want spaghetti too?" Her answer was priceless.
"No. Ummm... DOUGHNUTS!"

So I'm standing there thinking to myself, yeah, me too, and trying not to laugh.

Even greater irony came the next evening when a scheduling conflict meant I had hungry cranky kids in my car and another hour before I could get them all home for dinner. I gave in and stopped at a grocery store where I bought a dozen doughnuts so the kids could survive until dinner time.

So, ummm... yeah, doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment