Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Anger Management

I'm really tired.
For the last three nights my kids have succeeded in keeping me up at least most of the night.
I just want to get some sleep.
Last night my husband decides to give me the long narrative of his day at 11pm when I've finally gotten everyone in bed.
I did mention once or twice that I was completely worn out and wanted to just sleep.
Apparently a couple of his friends are considering changing jobs and I needed to know all about it.
When he was finished, an hour later, he rolled over and started to snore.
The baby started to cry within seconds of my husband falling asleep.
About four hours later I crawled into bed.
My husband got up at 6:30 and took a long hot shower for more than an hour.
The baby woke up at 6:45.

I am sure, that not once - during his long hot shower - did my husband ever consider, for even a moment, taking a five minute shower and then keeping the baby busy so that I could sleep for an hour.

So if anyone out there is thinking hey, she got two hours and forty-five minutes of sleep, she will be just fine! Maybe you should go find another blog to read.

For those of you thinking, she should have just asked her husband to watch the baby, I was too tired to deal with his eye-rolling 'why me' attitude without losing it and screaming like a banshee (would have woken up other kids) or bursting into tears (I can never sleep when I'm crying).

And so; I blog.

1 comment: