Thursday, October 22, 2009

PIZZADILLA

Yeah, wow, two posts in one day. Have I done that before? I'm not even sure.

I think I'm in one of those moods where I've been the mom for too long without a break again and I just need to reassure myself that I can still speak English with a basic level of fluency without using the words potty, wubby, Elmo, num-num, or boo-boo. I rarely use boo-boo, not because we don't have the occasional injury but more because I'm usually in high rant about the time one shows up, as in "WHY were you using that stick to keep your brother from getting into your dollhouse!" or "I told you NOT to jump off of the 5th step, even if it does make your skirt puff out big on the way down!" These, sadly, are things I have actually said to my children pretty much verbatim.

Okay, well, the larger point of this posting was that I wanted to see if I could figure out how to add a picture. Haven't done that yet, thought I would try.

As I was making lunch for the kids I had one of those sleep deprived/manic/really random moments where I thought to myself look how pretty that turned out as I handed food to a child who in no way would express appreciation for the loveliness of the food or any effort I put into it. I learned a long time ago they would express the same appreciation for little or no effort as they would for hours of intensive labor so my standards have fallen. Anyway, I'm lucky if we squeeze in a prayer with every ones mouths already half-full.



So here it is. The last piece of the pizzadilla (cross between pizza and quesadilla) that I saved and artistically (I made an effort - notice the cellery garnish) arranged to take pictures of. If it doesn't appear, well, then you'll know I didn't figure out the add an image thing then won't you.

Pizzadilla
1 flour tortilla
2 tblsp spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup grated cheese

You can top it with other things but be warned that multiple toppings affect the "doneness" of the tortilla. It's sort of a less is more thing. Place on a baking sheet in center of oven bake at 35o for about 8 minutes. Remove, slice, let cool and serve.

This is one of those great snack items that you can make pretty fast and serve for lunch or dinner. Today we had kiwi and oranges on the side. You get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment