Friday, January 13, 2012

Why I can't vote for Romney

I'm only leaving this one up on my facebook short term because it's maybe a little like Romney bashing even though it is all taken from his own speeches.  Maybe some of it is out of context, maybe some of it needs some other evidence to back it up.  I don't know.  I just don't have enough time to go over all the times he has changed his mind and why.  I do know the only issue Ron Paul has changed his stance on that I am aware of is the death penalty.  He has explained why he no longer votes for it the way he did and why he changed his mind.  Not a flip-flop, something he decided after years of experience being in a position to see what was going on in the prison system.

Here's Romney demonstrating to me how he is working towards being our next President.  He's willing to say what needs to be said at the moment and people who don't do their homework will elect him.  It's what politicians do.  I don't think he's a bad person for it, I think he's working towards a goal.  I just wish he didn't have the 'Mormon' label attached to what he is doing.  Mormons (members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) are taught the Constitution is inspired by God and that this country is established on divine principles that need to be upheld by its citizens or they will lose the blessings of freedom they have been given.  It's a major theme of The Book of Mormon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwrB1vu74c
Mormons aren't perfect.  I'm certainly not.  I don't expect Romney to be.  However, I do expect some pretty high standards from someone who wants to lead this country.  I believe Romney has good personal standards, I know people who know him and from what they say he's a great guy, he just isn't showing it in his willingness to take a stand on issues even when the wind shifts and the flak comes his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment