Friday, January 27, 2012

Note to Anita Stansfield

The book club ladies convinced me to read your books.
I actually like them.
I have to say one thing; rich people in England got married by license, not by banns.  The rest of the anachronisms I'm ignoring, but this one you've tried to pass off one to many times.
I told myself if one more wealthy landowner informs his bride-to-be that they just need to post the banns I was going to have to take my disgruntlement public.
So there you go.
Check the Parish Registers if you need to.  1700's, 1800's, it says right in there, whether by license or by banns.  Rich = license, other status = banns.
Don't worry, I've banned myself from posting this three weeks in a row.  One crack at your artistic license is going to suit me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment