Monday, March 21, 2011

Mommy Monday - That Much Rouge Is Not Subtle

Got everyone ready for church yesterday and wasn't really paying attention to Krista as she is TEN and can find both of her shoes all by herself with 99% accuracy these days.  When we got to church and sat down I looked at my children with glowing adoration only to be brought up short by the amount of MAKEUP on Krista's face.  How I missed it in the rush of getting ready for church I'm not completely sure but I think the ten year-olds interest in self-preservation had something to do with it.  Krista owns a lip gloss or two, clear ones, for people her age.  She knows I do not allow her to wear makeup, especially poorly applied makeup that makes her look like ... well, like THAT.  So as the mental hymn soundtrack came to a screeching halt I dug in my bag, found a wetwipe, passed it to my oldest child and quietly but firmly informed her that she could make it back in time for the prayer if she were to leave IMMEDIATELY for the restroom where she was to wipe off ALL of whatever she had applied to her face.
The worst part?  Those of you that know me know I didn't want to wear makeup as a teenager (still don't wear much as an adult) so I have no clue how to relate to her or what the best solution to this one is.  Jared was sort of "She had on makeup, oh, ummm, well, I didn't notice." So not much help there.
Yeah, motherhood just keeps getting more fun all the time.  Come back next week, I'm sure I'll be pulling my hair out over a new problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment