Thursday, March 3, 2011

Love You More by Lisa Gardner

   I finished reading an advance copy (thanks to my sister who manages a bookstore) of Lisa Gardner's Love You More which goes on sale next week.
   Overall, I liked it.  I had to read it all the way to the end to solve the crime and with the well developed plot the ending made sense.
   There were brief sex scenes, a few words of profanity, and some violence.  Issues of rape, incest, spousal abuse, and violent crime were mentioned more than once.
   The questions posed by the author; Who do you love?  Who would you kill for?  Who would you die for? Who would you live for even if living was almost unbearable?  Made the book thought provoking as well as an interesting murder mystery.
   The story was suspenseful without being too horrific, it was a bit of a nail biter but I could read it alone in a room at night.  If this is a good example of her writing I think I'll enjoy picking up a few of Lisa Gardner's other books.  I just saw this book advertised in the Costco magazine so I'm sure it will get some attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment