Monday, March 19, 2012

Turns Out Mary's Last Name Was Drowne

      There has been a mystery woman in the form of "Mary S." at the top of Jared's family tree for a while now.  She was one of those brick walls you find when doing family history because sometimes you don't have access to the right records and sometimes there just aren't any records.  Well, yesterday I was looking for information on the Bortells line and I found a birth record in Massachusetts indexed by the family search indexing program recently.  Grace Bortells was the daughter of George Bortells and Mary DROWN!!  Yay!!  a maiden name for Mary S.!!
      So I went looking for the Drown family and found Mary's parents, Reuben and Martha and lots of information on the Drown/Drowne line.  Even Revolutionary War soldiers with nice little files of information online.  Then I got kind of into it and stayed up until midnight tracing the lines...  Well, enough about my addiction.
      I had a feeling Grandma June would be a great guardian angel for the genealogy of her family.
      Well, I can hear the little ones waking up so Reuben Olmstead Drowne and his wife Martha Peabody Buckley and their kids Mary Sophronia Drowne, Mary Sophronia Drowne (the first one died as a baby), and Charles Nye Drowne will have to wait at least a little while longer until I can get back to them.  Hungry babies with dirty diapers have to trump the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment