Friday, March 2, 2012

Ron Paul speech in Virginia Feb 2012

Ron Paul Full Speech Springfield, VA Rally 2/28/12  http://youtu.be/gp4fy9txa0A

30 minutes long.  Ron Paul's platform.  If you want information on him, here it is straight from the source.

Maybe I need a blog category for political stuff...
     If you ask me how I define myself I don't think political stuff would come up anywhere near the top of the list.  I've been involved in school government and voted in almost every election from local to presidential since I was old enough to do so.  I have voted Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, and Republican at different times over the years and all it proved to me was that the party divisions don't make sense; my basic beliefs didn't change, the platforms of the candidates shifted.  I did serve in my local precinct as a Secretary/Treasurer but the job didn't seem to actually have any responsibilities.  The President was very hands-on and just did everything.  I guess I didn't mind very much but I didn't feel like that was the way it was intended to work either.
     I wasn't very interested in politics before Ron Paul in 2008.  I still don't think of myself as politically active.  Maybe my definition is off?  I just see something horribly wrong with the way our country is headed and I want it to change.  We've got most of the world ticked off at us and we just keep insisting we're better than everyone else as we set a terrible example of going to war and racking up debt.  We're the bully with the maxed out credit cards drunk on our own power.  It's just common sense... no one wants to be told what to do by someone they can't respect.  I'd like to see us be completely respectable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment