Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

This video of the Muppets doing Danny Boy made me laugh.

http://youtu.be/riXcinqDeCI

      The day was a little rough.  Not so much luck.  My iron was too low to donate blood this morning.  Only mildly frustrating for me, I can try again in a few days.  More frustrating was Jared found out that since he had a 20 min. layover in a banned country he can't donate blood for a full year.
      While driving the kids around to do some errands this morning we were in an accident in the parking lot at Costco.  A man making a turn swung too wide and hit the side of my van.  We were both going slow but it still popped the side door in and messed up the paint job on most of the side of my van.  No one was hurt.  We both have good insurance.  I have an appointment Wednesday to get an estimate on the repair of the damage.  Jared says since it's the side door and the back panel dented in then it will be more than a quick fix and I'll have to get a rental car.  Last time we had to get a rental car they didn't have a van, this time I have too many kids to get in anything smaller than a van.  ugh.
      This is the first car accident I've been in where I was one of the drivers.  Also, all my kids in the car.  By the time I got home I just wanted to sit down and cry but I don't let myself do that in front of my kids.
      Jared had to work all day so I still had to deal with all the kids and everything even though I was pretty much frazzled by lunch time.
      Jared promised the kids a while back that we would all go out for sushi tonight.  We went to the sushi place just north/east of the 500 E American Fork exit.  They have good sushi, much better than the place on State Street near the bowling alley here in Orem or the place by Golden Corral (also here in Orem).  I don't like taking all the kids out to eat anywhere because the little ones just can't sit still that long and for some reason I always end up taking everyone to the bathroom at least once and usually twice while my food sits and gets cold.  Tonight, for some strange reason, Jessica freaked out about sitting in the high chair so I also ended up with her on my lap for the whole meal.  It's just not worth the aggravation for me.  Even if the food is really good I don't get to enjoy it.  I think it would be a good place to go with a group of grown-ups.
      It's ten o'clock and I'm exhausted every which way.

No comments:

Post a Comment