Friday, May 7, 2010

Banana Bread

Cream together:
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar

Beat in:
4 eggs

Add:
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
6 mashed up bananas
1 cup nuts (optional)

Pour into greased loaf pans filling as many as it takes half way up the side. Bake at 350 for 50 min or until golden brown on top and a clean knife stuck into the center comes out without banana goo on it.

Just made two loaves and the whole house smells so nice. My kids love this stuff and it's the same recipe my mom made for our family so it's got comfort food appeal written all over it. I've seen my sister use applesauce for part or all of the shortening and it comes out pretty good but I don't know the conversion for it. Oh, just a note, those are 6 normal size bananas, if you put in 6 Costco size bananas it makes a mess of banana pudding/bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment