Saturday, May 4, 2013

Stuffed Mushrooms - A work in progress




This is one of my favorite appetizers to order when we go out to dinner.  I've been trying to put together a good recipe.  So far we have determined that the recipes that list mayonnaise as one of the ingredients are not a good way to go.  Most of the family prefers a little bit of sausage or something in the mix, corned beef chopped up really fine worked very well.
Things I think should be included:

Minced sauteed onions
minced sauteed stems from the mushrooms
bacon/sausage/corned beef (something with a good flavor and a bit salty)
cream cheese

a creamy kind of something else sort of like cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.  The soup my mom makes from scratch worked really well, my next experiments will involve a few different campbells varieties to see what I come up with

cheese for the top, so far mozzarella works about the best but not perfectly

Still searching for a recipe that really wows us.

So if you have a great recipe for these, please, share.

No comments:

Post a Comment