Saturday, October 8, 2011

Green Lantern

    Jared and I went to see Green Lantern last night.  I thought it was pretty good and stuck to a lot of the comic book stuff that I remember.  Yes, that's right, I used to read a lot of comic books.  I was even in an official Comic Book Club back in High School (I think I may have been VP...?).  Reading was a passion and I found a few like-minded individuals who also happened to be comic collectors and we hit it off.  Most of the other club members were a year ahead of me in school so the club didn't last beyond my Junior year; but it was fun while it lasted.  I remember thinking it was kind of ironic that the teacher we found to sponsor the club and let us use her classroom was the ESL teacher, so we used the remedial reading skills room to meet in.  The room was next to the library so that was convenient for us bibliophiles.  I still have a stack of comics in the back of a closet somewhere.  I think I'll give the comics to Andrew in a year or two when he starts reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment