Thursday, October 21, 2010

Brown Desk

           I have a desk. It's a brown desk with one small drawer. Husband and I bought it back in the early days of marriage for a whopping $15 at a thrift store. We have both used the desk often.  We are tall people and the brown desk is a bit short for us. The single drawer is at just the right height to hit our knees if we move our legs under the desk.
           Recently my parents reorganized a few rooms in their house. They offered me a computer desk for the irresistible price of "free if you haul it away". It is a nicer desk than my brown desk. It has no drawers but it has more shelves. It is gray/grey.
           So, what to do with the knee-bruising brown desk? I moved the brown desk over a few feet, transferred all the computer stuff to the gray/grey desk, moved the brown desk into my kids playroom, moved the brown desk into the hallway, moved the brown desk into my brother's room (currently in China, brother, not desk or room) and now I can shut the door and not see the brown desk. My brother will be unhappy when he returns to find the desk taking up most of his room.

Anyone want a used brown desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment