Thursday, April 14, 2016

Kudos Weber High students

This morning, after dropping off my 15 yo at the high school, I found a place to park and went in to pay her AP Physics test registration fee.  I was in line at the office when the bell rang.  I was just leaving the front doors when the announcements started.  I was half way down the stairs and a few feet from the flag pole when the announcer asked everyone to rise for the pledge.

What happened next made me so proud of these kids.

Kids were literally jogging towards the school from the parking lot because they were running a few minutes late, but when the pledge started, they froze in place, saluted the flag, finished the pledge, and then jogged on. The announcer rattled the pledge off so maybe 20 seconds of brilliant freeze-frame that made me super impressed and a bit misty as a Navy brat from a proud military heritage.

I stood there with my hand over my heart quietly saying the words to the pledge and thinking about higher standards (no pun intended).  Students and their parents get two thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment