Sunday, October 7, 2012

Revolutionary War Ancestors

Captain Jonathan Drown

Sarah (Wheeler) Drown

This is cool.  Captain Jonothan Drown served in the Revolutionary War.  He's not my side of the family (mostly mine were British then) but Jared's side so this one is for my kids.  Capt. Drown would be ten generations back for them.  It's interesting to me to see that ten generations later we've lost most of what this man fought for and we're back to "revolutionary times".  Capt. Drown and his wife Sarah had ten children that I've been able to find so far.  Sarah's maiden was most likely Wheeler but I haven't found a Sarah Wheeler document to prove it.  Jonothan and Sarah Drown raised their children in Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to find those ties and hopefully your kids will appreciate it. I have several patriot ancestors through my dad's side. I'm working on joining the Daughters of the American Revolution, but I'm having a little trouble finding documentation to make a critical generation link. Hopefully I'll find something soon.

    ReplyDelete