Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Expeditiously vs. Exhibitiously

I was helping with the younger children at a rehearsal for a dance recital coming up and one of the teachers came into the waiting area and announced "If you're in the next number get into the studio expeditiously!"  I was thinking to myself, 'great use of a big word' when one of the teens standing next to me asked her friend, "What does 'exhibitiously' mean?"
Mwahaha! (but I only laughed way down deep inside)
I turned to the two confused teens to explain 'expeditiously' means to hurry and go into the room quickly.  'Exhibitiously' is an entirely different matter.  It's not exactly a word but if it is taken in the context of doing things as an exhibitionist would then you would go into the room nude or flash the people in the room.  The two girls seemed satisfied with this answer.  I thought about it a bit more and decided 'exhibitiously' could also possibly be understood as to make an exhibit of yourself as you enter the room which would be easy for the teens as they're all about attention most of the time anyway.
Yeah, so they hurried into the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment