Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Euonymus

Mom calls these her "You-don't-want-a-mess" bushes.
Yesterday was the annual trimming.
I was SOOOOO happy Lynn didn't leave me to do it alone.


Lynn vs. Bush

These bushes are kind of massive and if we don't trim them back they tend to crawl up into the eaves of the house.

I had to do before and after shots this year.

I want to mention that I did the bottoms of the bushes before thinking to take the before shot so maybe next year I'll remember to get a before the before shot.

BEFORE


AFTER

There's also a kind-of-in-the-middle shot that I stopped to take when I got to the point where I had trimmed most of a what a six foot tall gal on a six foot tall ladder could reach.  It's also the point at which I went for a drink of water and considered asking for a raise.  It's the best point to ask for a raise because they can see I do good work and they don't want to risk offending me and having me leave it like that, right?  No dice on the raise btw, lucky for them I'll work for practically nothing, or even downright nothing, or no pay whatsoever...
Anyway, here's that picture -



We also planted onions and potatoes.
These are the onions.  The potatoes get buried so there's nothing to look at there.  There's also a rogue carrot in this row because the kids found one that was sprouting and we just had to put it in.
Then we sent in the irrigation team.
The irrigation team is a highly skilled, extremely motivated, and fiercely dedicated group.
They got into their work immediately.
 
My arms hurt too much to type yesterday.  Today was much better.  I have no idea what the caloric burn on trimming those bushes is but I know it was high, VERY high.  Lynn and I had a pretty good time and our version of Katy Perry's In Another Life is something to hear.  We also did a little Phantom and Lynn did songs from Chess, which she hopes makes a come back, but I'm not familiar enough with that one to have an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment